1.11.2007

Memories of Max


Most of my close friends have been subjected to at least one drunken conversation about Max, the one-eyed pony I rode as a child. My American grandmother raised New Forest ponies on her farm in Massachusetts and Max, due to an unfortunate episode with a crabapple becoming lodged in his right eye, had only one eye. Max was sweet and a perfect pony for me, but being at the Dubai Jumping Championships today at the Equestrian Club reminded me of the many things Max wasn't. These horses were absolutely beautiful. Totally muscular and agile, with perfect grooming and temperaments. Their riders, hailing from many of the UAE's most prominent families in addition to various princes and sheikhs from other Gulf countries, were equally impressive and really talented riders. The event runs through Friday, January 12th and you can buy tickets there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home