12.19.2006

Burnt Out

I am so burnt out from Dubai this week. It's been one of those weeks where I've been locked at home trying to finish up various writing I need to do before the holidays. For some reason the weather has made me really uneasy this week too. I had finally gotten used to sun and dry warmth everyday but December hasn't been like that. It has been really moist and kind of unsettled with squall-like moments coming in from the Gulf. At night, you can hear a moderate wind whistling through the buildings. I also made the mistake of starting to read Michael Maren's "The Road to Hell." It's a great book all about the failings of development aid in Africa and while very interesting, has generally contributed to me feeling kind of burnt out by everything. Thankfully, seven days and counting until Istanbul!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home